In addition to the Men’s & Women’s Rugby 7’s competitions and the International Rugby 15’s Test(s), the World Deaf Rugby 7’s Australia 2018 event will include a comprehensive Social Program for players, officials, spectators, volunteers and visitors including:
- Opening Welcome Party at Wanda Surf Life Saving Club (22 April 2018)
- Daily Post-match get-togethers (23, 24, 26 and 27 April 2018)
- Post 15’s Test Evening BBQ (27 April 2018)
- Closing Presentation Harbour Cruise (28 April 2018)
ENTRY & BOOKINGS
Arrangements for Social Program events (and Tournament entry) are as following:
- Spectators will be asked to pay $10 ($5 Concession and children between the ages of 12 & 17) for entry on each day of the Tournament (Coaches, Officials, Event Organisers, Support Staff, Volunteers and Registered Players will be free)
- All Attendees (other than Coaches & Registered Players) will be asked to pay $10 ($5 Concession and children between the ages of 12 & 17) for entry to each of the Opening Welcome Party and the Closing Presentation Celebration
All participants at both the Tournament and Social Program Events will need to pay for their own food and drinks at the venue/event.
Tournament &Social Program Event tickets will be available for purchase at the gate/door, but it is very important for the organisers to have information about likely attendee numbers for catering and other purposes. There might also be venue space/number limitations.
To ensure you don’t miss out please BOOK YOUR TICKETS as soon as possible by contacting the Event Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
OPENING WELCOME PARTY
This will be held at the Wanda Surf Life Saving Club on the afternoon of Sunday, 22 April 2018. Further details will be progressively advised.
Potential venues are currently being investigated. Further details will be progressively advised.
POST-15’s TEST BBQ
A big BBQ and social event is planned for Friday, 27 April 2018 following the Australia vs Wales International Deaf Rugby 15’s Test. This will take place at the rugby venue. Further details will be progressively advised.
CLOSING PRESENTATION HARBOUR CRUISE
This is scheduled for Saturday, 28 April 2018, and planning for the event is progressing. Further details will be progressively advised.
Entertainment options for the Rugby venue and the various Social Program events are still being explored, but a few exciting possibilities include:
- Fiji Deaf cultural performances;
- Performances by a well-known Kenyan Deaf Rapper – Lal Daggy;
- Surf Life-Saving Demonstrations at the Opening Welcome Party; and
- Australian Indigenous cultural performances
Click here for information about Lal Daggy. Links to various of his videos are shown below: