World Deaf Rugby 7’s Australia 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I am 18 years of age or over and have the authority and right to enter into this Agreement and to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
If you are under 18 years of age a parent or guardian must agree to the Terms & Conditions on your behalf.
EVENT POLICIES, RULES & REGULATIONS
- I agree to comply with the policies, rules and regulations of World Deaf Rugby, the Australian Deaf Rugby Union and the Australian Deaf Rugby National Deaf Sports Committees (NDSCs).
- I agree to follow and abide by all documented and verbal instructions that may be given by the World Deaf Rugby 7’s Australia 2018 event (“the Event”) designated officials.
- I accept that decisions of the Event officials are final.
- I will at all times participate in the Event with fair play.
- The Event may proceed in all weather conditions provided that Event officials have determined in their sole discretion that it is safe to do so.
- The Event will be conducted in a safe and professional manner and will comply with the respective Australian Rugby Union and World Rugby Laws, Regulations and Policies.
FITNESS, INJURY & INSURANCE
- I declare that I am sufficiently physically fit and healthy to participate in this Event and that I am not aware of any serious medical condition that would prevent me from doing so.
- If I sustain an injury or illness while participating in the Event I hereby authorize medical personnel to perform and administer first aid medical treatment as deemed necessary and to seek more specialized medical attention at hospitals/medical centres if deemed necessary by the first aid and medical staff in attendance at the Event.
- I acknowledge that the Event organisers will provide some limited General/Public Liability Insurance coverage that may provide me with some protection for loss or damage that I may suffer during my attendance at the Event. However I acknowledge and accept that insurance taken out by the Event organisers does not provide a full indemnity for loss or damage that I may suffer during my attendance at the Event.
Please contact Graham Leonard firstname.lastname@example.org or Deaf Sports Australia to obtain further details of the General/Public Liability insurance policy taken out by the Event organisers.
- I accept that I have had the opportunity to review the General/Public Liability Insurance cover provided by the Event organisers and agree to arrange any additional insurance coverage myself at my expense if I deem it appropriate.
- Re Injury Insurance, I understand and acknowledge that:
- Australian players who are in a registered competition for 2018 and have paid their Club fees will be covered
- Australian players who are not in a registered competition for 2018 will need to take out separate injury insurance. This can be arranged through the ARU insurance brokers – contact Graham Leonard email@example.com
- Overseas players will need to arrange injury insurance through their own Deaf Rugby Unions
- Overseas players domiciled in Australia (Australian Residents) will be treated as Australian players for injury insurance
- The use of performance enhancing substances by sports participants is banned and I agree not to take any banned substance as defined by the World Anti-Doping Authority (WADA) banned substance list. I agree to freely provide urine samples to officials of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) if requested to do so during the Event.
- I accept the risks associated with my participation in the Event and hereby agree to indemnify, release and hold World Deaf Rugby, the Australian Deaf Rugby Union, the Australian Deaf Rugby NDSCs and Deaf Sports Australia harmless from any liability for any injury that I might suffer during or due to my sporting or other performance in the Event.
HEARING LOSS & AIDS
- I confirm that I have a hearing loss equal to or greater than an average of 25dB bilaterally, and agree to submit to random testing during the Event by a qualified audiologist. An average of 25dB bilaterally has been set by World Deaf Rugby as the minimum hearing loss to allow maximum participation in the Event (see Note below).
Whilst 25dB is only a moderate hearing loss, it has been set as the minimum by World Deaf Rugby to enable hard of hearing players who would otherwise have no support within rugby in relation to their disability to be included.
This lower hearing loss also supports those with a more severe hearing loss by making Deaf rugby viable. The imposition of a higher hearing loss would make it very difficult to find sufficient players to field rugby teams and nobody would get to play Deaf rugby.
- Assistive hearing devices must not be worn during the Event competitions – this is both to preclude the aid they provide to communication and for safety reasons.
This will be strictly enforced by inspecting players prior to the start of play or when players enter the field of play as a substitute.
- I understand that my name, biographical information and/or my photograph/likeness may be provided to World Deaf Rugby, the Australian Deaf Rugby Union, the Australian Deaf Rugby NDSCs and Deaf Sports Australia, and agree/consent to the provision of this information.
- I understand and consent to my still or moving image appearing and being recorded in photographs or videos taken during the Event Sports Program, Social Program or other activities over the duration of the Event.
I agree to any such still or moving images becoming the property of the Australian Deaf Rugby Union and World Deaf Rugby and being broadcast, streamed, posted, published or used for any marketing, promotion, education or development purpose as determined by either or both these organisations during and after the Event.
- Requests for Refunds must be advised to Graham Leonard at the registrations email address – firstname.lastname@example.org. The Event organisers will assess such requests on the following basis:
- Registrations cancelled before the close of registration on 21 February 2018 will have 80% of their registration fee refunded – 20% will be retained to cover administration costs
- Registrations cancelled after the close of registration on 21 February 2018 will receive no refund unless there are special/extenuating circumstances – this will be at the discretion of the Event organisers
- These Terms & Conditions are based on and governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia, and actions arising hereunder or relating hereto shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Melbourne, Victoria Australia.
I acknowledge that I understand and accept these Terms & Conditions and that by registering for the Event and paying the Event Registration Fee I am formally agreeing to be bound by them.